Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Quote (#576)

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;
the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."
- Mary Wilson Little

"The mind is not a vessel to be
filled but a fire to be kindled."
- Plutarch

"A man's respect for law and order exists in
precise relationship to the size of his paycheck."
- Adam Clayton Powell Jr.

"Government is too big and too important
to be left to the politicians."
- Chester Bowles

"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
- Arnold Lobel

"Sure I'm for helping the elderly.
I'm going to be old myself some day."
- Lillian Carter

2 comments:

GoTweedHeads.com said...

Great to see you are still hanging in there Testoria - great writing and insights!

Katla said...

Thank you.